From the 28th of December until the 4th of January, Revulsion FM has done the honourable task of putting on the biggest countdown show consisting of the top 2000 hardstyle tracks of all time! This week isn’t only about the countdown however, there’s a lot to keep your eye on such as interviews, guest mixes and who could forget about the label showcases!
On Tuesday evening, I caught up with newcomer on Brennan Heart’s label WE R, The Resistance. After his rough and raw guest-mix on the show, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Jeroen to have a chat about his life at WE R, being buddies with E-Force and his future plans in the world hardstyle!
1. Thanks for chatting to me and also thanks for the great mix! First of all I’ll start with an easy question, what did you eat for breakfast today?
Today, nothing! Well I started with a cup of coffee but I don’t think that counts! I’m a terrible eater in the morning 😛
2. Okay! Let’s get down to business then. It’s no secret that E-force is a close buddy for quite a long time. You visited many parties with him and experienced hanging out backstage as a guest. Now, you play at these gigs. Can you tell me a little more about the transition of this?
Of course I’ve seen it all from when I was a visitor at all of the parties from a young age, then I became best friends with E-Force and visited parties with him as well. Now, I am playing at these parties myself and it’s so surreal to be honest. I’ve had some amazing bookings this year such as Dream Village, Supersized Raw, Loudness and also CRAFT festival and there’s so much more to come – it’s amazing!
3. Any collaborations with you and E-Force in the future?
Hopefully! There’s nothing quite planned at the moment.
4. Now a little about your solo adventure. What was your journey that influenced you to start making hardstyle?
When I was younger, I began listening to hardcore and my interest continued as I grew up. Then I got in touch with hardstyle and fell in love immediately and began making my own! There was no turning back after that!
5. And you have quite a raw sound too, do you feel as though that fits well with WE R?
There is also the WE R Raw label which is organised by Outbreak. I started off within the WE R Tomorrow part of the label, which is the talent part but hopefully I can work my way up to WE R Raw!
7. Do you get a lot of support from the artists within the label, such as Outbreak?
Outbreak was actually the first person to contact me after he heard my track played by E-Force at Defqon.1, he wanted to release it and invited me over to the office. Brennan Heart also really loved the track and has been a great support to me.
8. What artists outside of hardstyle inspire you most and why?
Hmm… I’m a huge fan of The Prodigy. I’ve been so busy with hardstyle however that it has become my main focus.
9. What is your favourite album of all time?
That’s a tough question, there’s several awesome albums – but I’d have to choose between Project One and The Pitcher’s album.
10. You’ve had some pretty good bookings this year, which bookings are you aiming to achieve in 2015?
Woah.. That’s a tough one! From the beginning, I said it was my dream to play at Decibel and also Loudness (which I have already played at). Who knows what the future may bring!
11. Do you have any personal resolutions for 2015?
Not really! I think on the 1st of January I will be saying “I’ll never drink again!” *Laughs*
12. Can you give me a little rundown on what your daily schedule looks like:
It’s quite boring actually. My alarm goes off at around 8 in the morning and I’m terrible at waking up in the morning. I have a cup of coffee and rush to work then when I come home I do some producing and I also love to play games and hang out with friends. On the weekends, it’s off to parties. I live for the weekend!
13. Finally, if you were a piece of fruit, what would you be?
Hmm… I would have to say that I’d be a pineapple!
Thanks to The Resistance for the chat and also thanks to WE R for their label showcase!
Keep tuned for more interviews and updates on the Hardstyle 2000 on Alive At Night!
Leave a Reply