From the 28th of December until the 4th of January, Revulsion FM has done the honourable task of putting on the biggest countdown show consisting of the top 2000 hardstyle tracks of all time! This week isn’t only about the countdown however, there’s a lot to keep your eye on such as interviews, guest mixes and who could forget about the label showcases!
On Monday evening, I caught up with new kid on the Theracords block, Jason Payne. Already gaining quite a large fanbase and huge artist support, I was curious to see what would be next for Jason Payne! After his rough and raw 1 hour guest-mix, I had the chance to have a quick chat about his new signing to Theracords, his productions and his plans for the future!
1. Thanks for chatting with me today! Firstly, congratulations on recently signing to Theracords! Ultimately, what does this mean for your career?
Yeah its just skyrocketing! It’s so great to work with such talented people and great people who know what they’re doing, it really helps me.
2. And what about your music? Do you feel as though you have a lot of time to produce and work on your music?
Not really. I still study and also work, so I don’t have much time! I do have a lot of people to help me more and understand what I can do to improve my tracks.
3. Do you feel as though Theracords suits your ‘sound?’
To be honest, I still don’t really have a developed ‘signature sound’ that makes my tracks recognisable. I’m still working on that! I really like how I can move around with sounds within Theracords and experiment freely without being held down.
4. In terms of production, what do you do to stand out?
I try to make tracks as energetic as possible. For people who have watched my sets before, they will be familiar with how I perform and what I stand for as an artist. I really love for tracks to really ‘bang’ and get the crowd crazy!
5. As I’ve asked everyone, what did you eat for breakfast?
*Laughs* I tried to eat a healthy breakfast this morning, but I actually ended up eating pizza…
6. What types of things do you draw inspiration from when producing?
To be honest, I don’t watch movies very often and I know that a lot of producers use vocals from movies which is really cool. I love to use crazy vocals from cartoons like South Park and Family Guy – anything that you wouldn’t normally find in tracks!
7. Since you’ve signed to Theracords, you’ve gained a huge fan-base already! What are your thoughts on this?
It’s really overwhelming! It’s crazy to see so many people wanting to take pictures with me and have a chat with me at parties. It’s been a big transition for me, but it’s been great and I love the support from everybody 🙂
8. This may sound like a weird question, but does anyone ever say that you remind them slightly of Jason Derulo?
*Laughs* I’m a little bit fatter than him! No but, sometimes people come up to me and ask if I am Jason Payne and I say “No, I’m Titan!” Some people actually think about it for 30 seconds or so and then they come back and say “No… You’re Jason Payne.” *More Laughing*
9. Finally, what can we expect from Jason Payne in 2015?
There’s a lot of new and awesome bookings coming up! A lot of tracks are also coming up too! I’m still finding my sound and trying to make it as broad and great as possible!
Thanks for chatting with me Jason Payne! Also, a huge thanks to Theracords for coming in and treating us to a spectacular showcase of the label!
Stay tuned this week for coverage of the rest of the showcases!
Leave a Reply