Noisecontrollers Sheds Some Light.
In the recent state of fluctuation within the hardstyle scene and it’s music, there have been those fresh sparks that have the ability to stand out from the pack. Long standing musical genius Noisecontrollers is definitely an example of a fresh spark within genre as he has achieved an incredible musical height within his career. At the beginning of 2014, Noisecontrollers released his second album “All Around” which set him off on album tours that spread his musical charm literally “all around the world.” Celebrating over a decade of releasing timelessly unique music and standing as an inspiration to so many producers, it is no secret that Noisecontollers has become a highly respected musical figure worldwide.
I had the pleasure of catching up with the man himself to have a quick chat about his album “All Around,” some of his musical views and of course, some personal banter!
1. First of all, thanks for chatting with me! Let’s start with an easy one – What have you been up to today?
Your welcome. Recently I had a holiday, so I’m still in relaxation mode from that.
2. What is the biggest sacrifice that you have had to make to pursue your musical career?
I think I focused so much on my career especially in the first years of it I neglected some friends and people I love. I’m happy that they still support me 🙂
3. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I have all kinds of hobbies. I like gaming, chess, exercising and cooking.
4. Which country are you absolutely dying to perform in?
I’ve been to all countries so there’s none left on my bucket list now!
5. You have evidently experimented with many elements from other genres of music in your tracks. How do you master incorporating these elements into your tracks?
Every genre of music has a combination of influences and elements from other genres in it. There is just no such thing as a standalone unique genre to begin with.
6. What if your favourite album of all time?
I truly cant pick one. There are so many great ones.
7. Now, a little about your current album. In comparison to your first album “E=NC2”, did you feel as though it was a changed musical vision which led you to produce “All Around?”
The “All Around” album has more of a deeper feeling in it. This has nothing to do with a musical vision behind it. When making the first tracks I didn’t even know that I would make an album, it just came naturally. With every track that I make I don’t want to know where I will end up going with it.
8. For me, “Down Down” is truly one standout track off the album All Around. What was the main concept/idea behind this track? And were you expecting such a huge response from this track?
Again, this track just happened in the studio, but the key moment was the lead sound in combination with the kick. When I heard that combination I started working on the melody and vocals. Everything went right with the track and it was finished within 2 days. I made the track in a quite turbulent period of my life which also makes the track truly special to me.
9. What is your favourite track from “All Around,” and why is it your favourite?
Down Down. The overall sound in combination with the melody and atmosphere is what makes it my favourite.
10. Can you tell us a little bit about how your daily routine looks?
I try to exercise in the morning and head to the studio at noon. Around 8PM I arrive back home. On the weekends I’m out to play 🙂
11. What did you eat for breakfast today?
A cracker with cheese.
12. If you could know the answer to one question, what would it be?
What is the purpose of life?
13. Can you tell us one unlikely fact about yourself?
Before being a professional DJ/producer I was a high school teacher.
14. You have recently had the honour to create the anthem for Qlimax 2014. When creating the anthem, what kind of emotions were you trying to make the listeners feel?
It had to have an epic and mysterious feeling and also has to be complex and hard. Most importantly, it had to have an open sound. I want people to feel happy when hearing it, therefore I chose a less dark melody.
15. What is the key to creating a standout anthem?
Being creative always works best of you put your passion in it.
16. When you feel the inspiration in the studio running low, what are some strategies that you use to stay focused?
I wish I had a trick for that! I just keep trying and hope that the spark comes back 🙂
17. 3 of your all-time favourite tracks. Go!
Jan Hammer – Tubbs and Valerie.
Jurgen Vries – The Theme
Deadmau5 – The Veldt
18. Finally, it’s no secret that 2014 has been a huge year for you, what are your new year’s resolutions for 2015?
Spend a lot of my time with fans and friends and create new refreshing music.
Thanks for chatting to me Bas!
In addition, today (29.12) Noisecontrollers has released the All Around EP 2 which is available to download at the following portals, so support creativity and purchase your copy today!
Leave a Reply